School Fee Invoicing System – ACORN
EIPS uses a fee management system, ACORN, to streamline the school fee and transportation fee payment processes for parents and school administrators. The system synchronizes with all aspects of PowerSchool, our division student information system. ACORN also includes a number of features, including:
- Online payment options for parents to pay with Visa, MasterCard, and INTERAC® Online (when available from your financial institution).
- The ability to view all your children in EIPS and make one payment.
- The ability to make payments when and where you want 24/7.
- One-stop point of contact through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- The ability to pay additional field trip fees online throughout the year.
Important dates for families in 2015-2016:
- School fee information is available in the ACORN system in mid-September.
Please note: Additional fees may be added throughout the year (e.g., field trip and athletic team fees), so please check back on a regular basis as your child takes part in various activities.
- EIPS will send out student school fee invoices in mid-September, and online fee payment through the Parent Portal will be available at that time.
Please wait for your fee invoice to arrive before paying any fees to ensure your payment amount is correct.
- All course changes in junior and senior high school will be completed prior to invoices going out to ensure the fee information is correct.
- School fees are due October 31.
- Transportation fees are separate from school fees and are therefore listed on a separate tab within the online payment system.
- Please note: Fee payments (excluding transportation fees) will be applied to educational fees first. Therefore, payments are first applied to the Learning Resource Fee, followed by Non-Core Fees, and finally Non-Instructional Fees.
EIPS follows the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard, a set of tough security rules developed by the credit card industry to protect cardholders against credit card fraud and identity theft. This means that, other than online ACORN payments, EIPS does not accept payment by credit card unless the person and card are present in the school or department. We can no longer accept credit card payments over the phone.