Administrative Procedure 100
FOUR-YEAR EDUCATION PLAN
Educational planning is an essential part of ensuring all students have equitable opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to be self-reliant, responsible, caring and contributing citizens. Planning ensures resources for education are used in the best possible ways to meet the educational needs of Alberta's young people.
The Division plan outlines priorities for student learning, guides budget development and forms the basis for reporting on progress and achievement.
The Division is required by Alberta Education to prepare an education plan that aligns with the Alberta Education Business Plan and focuses on student learning over a four-year period.
- System Planning Guidelines:
- The mission and values will provide overall direction for system planning.
- The planning process will recognize identified local priorities.
- The actions and endeavours of the Division and its schools must be guided by sound planning processes, which provides ample opportunity for input and meaningful involvement by stakeholder groups. Formal processes for the Division to develop, revise and extend its Four-Year Education Plan that identify priorities, outcomes, measures, targets, strategies and timelines for task completion will be developed.
- Four-Year Education Plan will:
- Meet local needs and fulfil provincial accountability requirements.
- Be kept current to ensure focused, efficient and effective change and improvements.
- Be improvement focused and identify areas/priorities for development.
- Include provincially mandated priority areas with strategies and measures.
- Include other strategies and measures reflecting local needs.
- Outline the deployment of resources and be consistent with the provincial funding framework.
- The Superintendent will:
- Submit the plan to the Board for approval in conjunction with the Annual Education Results Report (AERR).
- Ensure the Division combined Four-Year Education Plan and AERR is submitted to Alberta Education in a form and at a time that meets requirements.
- Make provision for distribution of the Four-Year Education Plan and its placement on the Division website.
Section 22, 39, 43, 60, 61, 77, 78, 113 School Act
Section 16 Government Accountability Act
Section 7, Education Grants Regulation
Section 13, School Councils Regulation
Policy and Requirements for School Board Planning and Reporting
School Authority Planning and Reporting Reference Guide
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Last updated: October 2018