Administrative Procedure 101
ANNUAL EDUCATION RESULTS REPORT
Accountability is the obligation to be answerable for the performance and results of one’s assigned responsibilities. The Division recognizes its responsibility to keep stakeholders informed about accomplishments and work toward goals.
The Division will keep its school communities and the public informed of the overall results achieved in the Division through publishing and distributing an Annual Education Results Report.
- The Superintendent will develop and submit to the Board for approval, a combined Four-Year Education Plan/Annual Education Results Report (AERR) in accordance with the Alberta Education policy. The Board will submit the report to the Minister by November 30 of each year.
- The AERR will contain information regarding progress toward meeting the goals and objectives established by the Division in the Four-Year Education Plan.
- The AERR will contain the results on mandatory and optional measures gathered through the year from such activities as ongoing reviews, evaluations, surveys, planning sessions, and workshops.
- The format for reporting optional measures and additional information in the Division AERR will be determined by the Superintendent.
- The combined Four-Year Education Plan/AERR will be posted on the Division website.
- The Division shall use the AERR for information in the planning and policymaking cycle, and make adjustments to its goals as necessary.
- Results must be used to create improvement actions.
- Any evaluative approach must be open and easily understandable.
- Any evaluative process includes disaggregated results used to identify high and low performing groups/sites/factors.
- Any long-term evaluative processes are to be stable over time.
- Results will not be used to rank schools, staff, or programs.
Section 18, 52, 53, 55, 66, 67, 222 Education Act
School Councils Regulation
Policy and Requirements for School Board Planning and Reporting
School Authority Planning and Reporting Reference Guide
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Last updated: June 2020