Administrative Procedure 111
COMMITTEE OF SCHOOL COUNCILS
The Committee of School Councils (COSC) will enhance communications among the School Councils (SCs), Division, Superintendent, and community.
- The Division recognizes the value of the COSC and encourages each SC to select one of its officers as its representative at the COSC.
- The roles of the COSC are to:
- Provide opportunities for SCs to share matters of philosophy, policies, and procedures relative to the education system.
- Enhance communication among the Board, SCs, senior administration, community, and Government of Alberta regarding education matters.
- Each SC representative shall be a voting member of the COSC.
- An annual organizational meeting of the COSC shall be held in early October of each year.
- At the annual organizational meeting, the membership of the COSC shall choose a Chair and other required officers from among the voting members.
- The SCs and the Superintendent may forward items to the COSC Chair to include in meeting agendas. The Chair, in co-operation with the Director of Communication Services, shall establish meeting agendas.
- The administrative contact for the COSC shall be the Superintendent.
- The Director of Communication Services will facilitate COSC meeting logistics and prepare agendas for distribution.
- At least one of the COSC meeting agendas shall include a presentation of budget information for the Division. In order to provide SCs the opportunity for input, this meeting will be scheduled prior to budget approval by the Board.
- As per Board Policy 2, Role of the Board, school personnel or individual student concerns shall not be discussed at the COSC meetings.
Sections 22, 60, 61, 113, 144 School Act
Personal Information Protection Act
Last updated: February 2016