Administrative Procedure 150
The Division is committed to the principle of open, two-way communication with its internal and external publics. In accordance with this commitment, the Director of Communication Services will establish and maintain an ongoing communications program which has the following goals:
- Opportunities for meaningful involvement of students, parents, and the community in decisions that affect them.
- Access to information about the operation of the Division and the schools except for information about individual employees or students.
- Opportunities for all staff to play a role in community relations.
- Promotion of public interest and participation in the school system.
- Sensitivity to public attitudes toward school system activities.
- Provision of objective, continuous, and comprehensive information about the school system.
- Every employee within the Division has the responsibility for encouraging and maintaining effective communication as called for by the scope of their respective duties and areas of responsibility.
- The Division will incorporate strategies within its Communications Plan that ensure all education stakeholders can participate in a meaningful way in shaping education directions and initiatives of the Division.
- The Division will maintain a unified corporate image in its style, presentation, and direction as outlined in the Communications Plan. This unified approach will serve as the basis of communication activities to be planned and implemented at the school/community level.
- Each school and department within the Division is to be familiar with the Division's Communications Plan and play a role in building awareness, understanding, and support of the Division's goals, objectives, and activities among the school system's numerous publics.
- All sites will ensure sufficient resources are allocated to permit effective two-way communication with their local stakeholders.
- Regular evaluations will be conducted to assess the effectiveness of the Division's communications to provide directions for continuing improvements.
Section 52, 53, 68, 196, 197, 204, 222, 225, 256 Education Act
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Last updated: June 2020