Administrative Procedure 153
The Division has the responsibility to prevent schools from being used as an economical or convenient means to access parents/guardians and students for distribution of materials, goods and services by non-school related agencies or individuals.
However, certain campaigns, distribution and advertising that result in direct and specific benefit to students may be deemed to be appropriate for school participation if they do not result in undue interference with the educational operation of the school.
- The distribution of materials and announcements relative to education, community organizations, and school or school-related fundraising shall be left to the discretion of the Principal.
- Advertising materials may be accepted for use in schools if:
- The materials are judged by the Principal to have sufficient educational or other value to justify their use.
- The conditions of their use within the school is determined solely by the Principal and not imposed by any outside organization.
- The sharing of lists of names and addresses of staff or students to any outside individual, company or organization is prohibited.
- The sale or distribution for sale of tickets or goods, canvassing of, and the taking of collections from students or staff from within the schools or on Division property by or on behalf of any outside individual or organization during instructional hours is prohibited, unless the business has the prior approval of the Superintendent or Principal.
- Students will not take home advertising materials unless the school or Division endorses a particular product, service or program.
- All other distribution of materials shall be left to the discretion of the Superintendent.
- The distribution of material through Division Office without the prior approval of the Superintendent is prohibited.
Section 52, 53, 197, 222, 256 Education Act
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Last updated: July 2021