Administrative Procedure 158
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS PROTOCOL
The Division supports the practice of advertising and promotion to inform and create awareness of activities, events and services available to members of the school community.
is a description, promotion or presentation of a product or idea.
is the act of publicizing a product, organization or venture so as to increase participation or awareness.
- The Director of Communication Services shall be responsible for the co-ordination of all advertising on behalf of the Division.
- Schools and departments shall consult the Director of Communication Services on advertising plans and the use of the corporate identity to appear in any medium.
- If advertising is deemed appropriate, the Director of Communication Services will arrange for the development and placement of advertising on behalf of schools, departments, projects and initiatives.
- Division and school advertising shall include the corporate signature—name and logo—in conjunction with school logos as specified in the EIPS Brand Identity Guide (Appendix 158-A).
- School councils, parent groups or partnerships shall obtain approval from the Director of Communication Services, through the Principal, prior to creating and producing promotional materials related to school activities and events. All third-party advertisements, if approved by the Director of Communications, must include the corporate signature.
- Orientation evenings and student- and parent-information nights are advertised through Communication Services. Promotional materials produced by the school or a third party for these events must include the corporate signature.
Section 52, 53, 197, 222, 256 Education Act
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Last updated: June 2020