Administrative Procedure 162
SMOKE, VAPE AND TOBACCO-FREE FACILITIES
Smoking, vaping and the use of tobacco products in any form by students, employees and other persons is not conducive to the maintenance of a healthy environment. All Division premises and vehicles will be smoke, vape and tobacco free, and all school-sponsored activities shall be smoke, vape and tobacco free.
- All Division buildings, vehicles (including private vehicles used for Division business) and grounds are designated smoke, vape and tobacco free.
- The Principal shall ensure all students, staff, parents, visitors and community user-groups are made aware of the smoke, vape and tobacco-free requirement.
- Supervisors shall inform their staff members that the use of tobacco is prohibited in or on Division-owned property.
- Any student or staff member in violation of these procedures will be dealt with in accordance with the disciplinary procedures established at each site.
- With the prior approval of the Principal or supervisor, the use of tobacco is permitted as part of religious/ceremonial events.
Section 20, 60, 61, 96, 113, 117 School Act
Prevention of Youth Tobacco Use Act
Prevention of Youth Tobacco Use Regulation 13/2003
Tobacco Reduction Act
Last updated: September 2018