Administrative Procedure 162
SMOKE, VAPE AND TOBACCO-FREE FACILITIES
Smoking, vaping and the use of tobacco products in any form by students, employees and other persons are not conducive to the maintenance of a healthy environment. All Division premises and vehicles will be smoke, vape and tobacco-free, and all school-sponsored activities shall be smoke, vape and tobacco-free.
- All Division buildings, vehicles, including private vehicles used for Division business, and grounds are designated smoke, vape and tobacco-free.
- The Principal shall ensure all students, staff, parents, visitors and community user-groups are made aware of the smoke, vape and tobacco-free requirement.
- Smoking, vaping and the use of tobacco products are prohibited at any school-sponsored graduation ceremony or activity.
- Supervisors shall inform their staff members that the use of tobacco is prohibited in or on Division-owned property.
- Any student or staff member in violation of these procedures will be dealt with in accordance with the disciplinary procedures established at each site.
- With the prior approval of the Principal or Supervisor, the use of tobacco is permitted as part of religious and ceremonial events.
Section 52, 53, 197, 204, 222, 225 Education Act
Prevention of Youth Tobacco Use Act
Prevention of Youth Tobacco Use Regulation 13/2003
Tobacco Reduction Act
Last updated: June 2020