Administrative Procedure 215
CAREER AND TECHNOLOGY FOUNDATIONS/STUDIES
Student participation in Career and Technology Foundations (CTF) and Career and Technology Studies (CTS) is a valuable learning experience for students in Grades 5 to 12.
- Grades 5 - 9 CTF
- CTF programs will be offered to upper elementary and junior high students in their designated school.
- CTF programs offered are designed by combining components of courses within and across strands (e.g. career clusters) to enable students to explore a wide range of career options.
- Grades 9 - 12 CTS
- CTS courses offered in senior high are designed to provide students the opportunity to investigate potential career choices from introductory courses to advanced courses in career pathways of their choice, based on course availability.
- Students may elect to take a course in any year, depending on the availability of staff and facilities, recognizing that not all courses may be offered at all levels.
- The administration of CTF/CTS courses shall follow the guidelines and requirements established by Alberta Education.
- CTF/CTS courses will be offered with due consideration to the abilities and interests of students; expertise of staff; financial, material, and physical resources within schools; and student interest.
- Fees for specific CTF/CTS courses may be determined by the Principal, in consultation with the Associate Superintendent of Supports for Students.
Section 18, 20, 39, 54, 60, 61, 113, School Act
Student Record Regulation 225/2008
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Off-Campus Education Guide for Administrators, Counsellors and Teachers
Last updated: March 2016