Administrative Procedure 218
The Division supports opportunities for students to pursue personalized learning through special projects.
is one in which the content is distinct from and in addition to regular course requirements, and for which students receive credits for pursuing personalized learning.
- Students may select, plan and complete a special project approved by the Principal and under the supervision of a teacher.
- The special project shall conform to the requirements stated in the Guide to Education: ECS to Grade 12.
- Students who successfully complete special projects shall be granted three credits for 75 hours of study, or five credits for 125 hours of study.
- Special project credits may be applied toward a high school diploma.
- Evaluation and reporting procedures for special projects shall conform to Administrative Procedure 360: Learning Assessment.
Section 18, 52, 53, 196, 197, 222 Education Act
Guide to Education: ECS to Grade 12
Last updated: February 2020