Administrative Procedure 301
The Division may admit students whose parents reside in a foreign country provided there are available student placement spaces, there are appropriate instructional/learning supports, and an international student tuition fee is paid.
To access these opportunities, international students must meet all of the requirements and regulations mandated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
The following procedures apply to international students wishing to attend schools within the Division, but who are not eligible for provincial grants.
- Application to attend school must be approved by the Superintendent. Students must meet all the requirements of the Government of Canada.
- An international student tuition fee, recommended by the Secretary-Treasurer and approved by the Board, shall be payable to the Division at the time of registration.
- The international student tuition fee shall, after allowing for the cost of education of the student, be allocated on an equitable basis to the school providing education service and to Division services.
- If transportation is required and is available on an existing route, an international student transportation fee recommended on an annual basis by the Secretary-Treasurer and approved by the Board shall be payable to the Division at the time of registration.
- International students shall be required to pay all other program fees as established annually.
- The Principal shall determine the student’s placement in grade/subject.
Section 8, 20, 44, 46, 47, 49, 60, 61, 96, 113, 124, 273 School Act
Funding Manual for School Authorities
International School Partnership Bulletin 3.4.1
International Student Bulletin 3.4.2
Student Exchange Bulletin 3.4.3
Last Updated: July 2018