Administrative Procedure 302
The Division shall consider student exchange programs, as they are a valuable educational experience for students.
- The Principal shall identify the student on the student information system as an exchange student.
- The host family shall arrange to provide:
- documentation indicating acceptance of responsibility for the student;
- payment of school fees as required; and
- criminal record checks and child welfare intervention checks.
- Alberta Education exchange opportunities shall be governed by provincial requirements.
- Reciprocal group exchanges at the secondary level shall be at the discretion of the Principal.
- The Division does not encourage student exchanges through third-party vendors.
Section 4, 8, 20, 44, 46, 49, 60, 61, 113, 273, School Act
Funding Manual for School Authorities
International School Partnership Bulletin 3.4.1
International Student Bulletin 3.4.2
Student Exchange Bulletin 3.4.3
Last Updated: May 2016