Administrative Procedure 340
SPECIALIZED SERVICES FOR STUDENTS AND CHILDREN
Students/children may require specialized services during school and Early Learning program hours. The Division shall work together with members of the community and community agencies to serve the needs of students/children who have special needs.
- To minimize duplication of effort and improve access for, and responsiveness to, students/children and families in need, the Division is committed to working together with:
- community agencies, organizations, and associations;
- other local education authorities within and across school Divisions, including operators of Early Learning programs; and
- regional authorities, including Alberta Health Services and Child and Family Services Authorities
to share information, procedures, and facilities, and jointly plan and deliver service agreements (informal or formal).
- To serve the needs of students/children in each school community, Principals, counsellors, and other staff members when appropriate, shall take an active role to initiate and work with other agencies and members of the community to provide services.
- Where efficiencies can be realized through the provision of centralized services available to school communities within the Division, the Superintendent or designate shall initiate, develop, and/or participate in partnerships designed to improve services to all students.
- When working with members of the community, consistent provincial policies and procedures, including the Standards for Special Education, shall be followed.
Section 20, 45, 47, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Public Health Act
Guide to Education: ECS to Grade 12
Standards for Special Education
Standards for the Provision of Early Childhood Special Education
Last Updated: May 2016