Administrative Procedure 380
STUDENTS’ COUNCIL/STUDENT LEADERSHIP
The experience of participation in Students’ Councils and Students’ Council activities within schools is supportive and complementary to the education of students and contributes to the preparation of students to become socially responsible citizens in a changing world. The Division, therefore, encourages the formation of Students’ Councils in schools.
- The Principal has final authority over all Students’ Councils activities.
- Students’ Councils shall operate according to acceptable bylaws.
- Students’ Council shall develop bylaws.
- The Students’ Council bylaws and any amendments shall be filed with and approved by the Principal.
- Students’ Councils must operate within the framework of acceptable financial practices.
- Appropriate teacher guidance shall be provided to Students’ Councils. One or more teachers shall be approved as Students’ Council advisors.
Section 12, 18, 20, 45, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Last Updated: March 2017