Administrative Procedure 408
EMPLOYEE SERVICES TO OTHER AGENCIES
The value of having Division employees provide leadership and expertise to other jurisdictions and organizations is recognized by the Division. Consideration shall be given to ensure the provision of such services does not impact negatively on programming or levels of service and does not result in financial costs to the Division.
- A formal request for a Division employee to provide service to an outside agency shall be made, in writing, through their supervisor to the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources. Employees must attach a copy of the outside agency’s written request.
- Permission to provide service to another school authority, provincial government department or outside agency shall be obtained from the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources. Permission is required before entering into a contract or agreement for service, and before the employee makes any arrangements to provide service.
- The Associate Superintendent of Human Resources shall confirm with the employee if approval is granted.
- The Division shall be reimbursed for services an employee provides during regular working hours.
- Each employee shall limit service to school authorities outside of the Division to five operational days per school year. Exceptions may be approved by the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources.
- The Division shall waive the administrative fee for service provided to the Alberta Teachers' Association Local No. 28.
- Fees for service to other agencies shall be reviewed annually by the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources.
- Expenses of the employee providing service are the responsibility of the employee and the requesting authority. Any expenses incurred by the employee such as photocopying, travel and lodging, shall be paid directly by the employee and reimbursed by the requesting authority. At no time shall the Division incur the cost for such expenses.
- The requesting authority is responsible for paying all additional related costs, such as those for prepared materials or secretarial time.
Labour Relations Act
Employment Standards Code
Last Updated: September 2019