Administrative Procedure 414
FIELD EXPERIENCE PROGRAMS
The Division encourages employees to support education field experience programs.
- The principal shall determine the degree that his or her school can support a field experience program. The decision factors shall include:
- the number of staff to recommend as co-operating teachers;
- the number of student teachers; and
- specific grades or subject areas.
- The principal shall submit a list of recommended teachers to the appropriate university or college.
- Subsequent correspondence shall be between the principal and the university or college.
- The recommended teacher shall agree to volunteer as a co-operating teacher and shall:
- be teaching not less than 0.75 full-time equivalent (FTE);
- have completed three or more years of successful teaching experience;
- participate in co-operating teacher sessions sponsored by the Division, the university or college, or both;
- be prepared to use appropriate supervisory techniques, observe and give feedback to the student-teacher;
- understand the field experience program’s regulations and expectations; and
- evaluate the student teacher’s performance and his or her progression in the program and profession.
- A classified employee interested in supporting a field experience or practicum program in a specialized field shall discuss this with his or her immediate supervisor and Human Resources prior to volunteering to a university or college.
Teaching Profession Act
Ministerial Order 011/2013 – Student Learning
Teaching Quality Standard (TQS)
Guide to Education – ECS to Grade 12
Last Updated: September 2019