Administrative Procedure 415
EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION PROGRAMS
Recognition of employees is encouraged at the Division, school, department and individual levels to support the vision and mission of the Division and to promote and maintain its desired organizational culture.
- As per Board Policy 2, Role of the Board, the Division shall provide for recognition of students, staff and community. Recognition shall include:
- long service by employees;
- full-time and part-time permanent employees who retire from the Division;
- individuals or groups who have made outstanding contributions to education or to the Division;
- individuals or groups who have received internal or external awards related to their role as an employee of the Division; and
- individuals or groups who have made personal achievements related to education or the Division.
- All employees are encouraged to practice meaningful, informal recognition of others in a timely, sincere, appropriate and inclusive manner.
- Long Service, Retirement and Employee Recognition:
- Full-time and part-time permanent employees shall be recognized for total years of employment with the Division in five-year increments beginning at five years of active service.
- If a Division employee continues to be paid by the Division—secondment, exchange, sick leave—this time shall be considered toward the individual’s total years of service.
- The Associate Superintendent of Human Resources shall provide data identifying employees eligible for long-term service awards to the appropriate school or department and shall notify award recipients.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to self-identify for the purpose of this event.
- Recognition shall be presented annually and arranged by the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources.
Last Updated: September 2019