Administrative Procedure 416
CHANGES IN EMPLOYEE ASSIGNMENT/WORKSITE
The Division acknowledges that changes in staff assignments and worksites foster professional growth.
- An employee may initiate a change in assignment or worksite by applying for a posted position that is suitable to his or her training and experience.
- The supervisor may initiate changes through the administrative change process.
- As per Board Policy 11, Board Delegation of Authority, the Superintendent has the authority to transfer employees.
- A request for worksite change shall not take the place of an evaluation.
- The supervisor shall request a change in worksite for an employee through the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources.
- The supervisor shall work with a director of Human Resources before making a request for an administrative change in worksite.
- Requests shall be supported with documentation indicating attempts to resolve the issues prompting the request.
- Changes shall be communicated in writing to the affected employee(s) by the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, stating the reasons for the change as provided by the supervisor.
- Division staffing levels and vacancies shall determine the opportunity for changes to be made. Changes resulting from staff reduction at a particular site shall be made according to Administrative Procedure 417, Staff Reduction.
Employment Standards Code
Labour Relations Act
Last Updated: September 2019