Administrative Procedure 425
In-school co-ordinators may be appointed to provide leadership in schools.
- The principal shall identify if co-ordination is required to provide effective instruction within his or her school.
- The principal shall use the formulas for co-ordinator allowances provided in the Teachers’ Collective Agreement.
- The principal shall include co-ordinator allowances in his or her school budget.
- The principal shall advertise available co-ordinator positions within the school.
- All teachers wishing to be considered for co-ordinator positions shall apply in writing to the principal.
- The principal shall interview candidates and select co-ordinator(s).
- All appointments to in-school co-ordinator positions shall be for a defined term and opened for competition at an appropriate time.
- The in-school co-ordinator shall complete the Co-ordinator’s Allowance Notification Form (Form 425-1) for salary purposes. The principal shall submit the form to the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources.
- The in-school co-ordinator shall perform those duties assigned or delegated in consultation with the principal. The duties and responsibilities may vary based on the needs of the school.
Last Updated: September 2019