Administrative Procedure 440
Classified staff members are a vital component of the educational programs and services provided to students. As a component of the educational team, classified staff members are expected to demonstrate the competencies required in their positions and to support Division services to recognize the uniqueness of every student in the school.
- In recruiting classified staff, the following criteria shall be considered:
- student and program needs, as perceived by Division administrative personnel;
- provisions of current terms and conditions of employment;
- candidate interests, knowledge, education, ability and skills;
- candidate suitability and compatibility based upon past performance and experience; and
- willingness to continue professional development growth.
- In deploying and, when necessary, transferring classified staff members, the following criteria shall be considered:
- student and program needs as perceived by Division administrative personnel;
- experience, interests and training of classified staff members;
- staff request;
- recommendation of the principal; and
- provisions of the current Classified Handbook (Appendix 440-A).
Employment Standards Code
Labour Relations Act
Last Updated: September 2019