Administrative Procedure 517
A current inventory of Division equipment and furniture shall be maintained.
includes furniture, tools, equipment, and other non-consumable items.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall be responsible for establishing inventory controls of Division assets.
- Schools/departments considering large purchases for future use shall consult with the Secretary-Treasurer prior to purchase.
- The Principal/Director shall be responsible for school/department equipment inventory.
- School/department equipment inventory listings shall be updated annually by all principals/directors. Inventory listings/video files shall be kept electronically on the Division server.
- Tracking systems shall be in place for commonly used, portable equipment (laptop carts, iPads, etc.). This equipment shall be secured when not in use.
- The Principal/Director shall refer to Administrative Procedure 518, Disposal of Assets when considering replacing or disposing assets.
- Detailed procedures for schools are included in the Financial Process Manual (Appendix).
Section 20, 60, 61, 113, 116, 200, 201 School Act
Last Updated: July 2018