Administrative Procedure 521
Division payroll procedures are designed to provide for efficient and cost-effective payment of employees.
- Division payroll payments shall be deposited directly to the employee's specified account at a recognized financial institution.
- A detailed statement of earnings and deductions shall be available to each staff member on Employee Self Service in accordance with the regular payroll schedule as follows:
- Teachers shall be paid on the second last business day of each month as per the collective agreement.
- Support staff members shall be paid every second Wednesday as per the 26 pay period bi-weekly schedule. Some years, 27 pay periods may occur during the calendar year. Casual and temporary support staff members shall be paid bi-weekly for the time worked from 10 days prior to the previous pay day to 10 days prior to the current pay day.
- Substitute teachers shall be paid on the second last business day of each month for the time worked from 10 days before pay day of the previous month to 10 days before pay day of the current month. In July, substitute teachers shall be paid from the previous payroll cut-off to the end of June on July 10.
- At the commencement of their employment with the Division, non-union staff members on the monthly pay cycle may request a mid-month advance payable on the 15th day of each month or on the Monday after, if the 15th falls on a weekend.
- Monthly paid staff members hired after the 20th day of the month shall be paid the following pay period. Bi-weekly paid staff members hired five days prior to the pay day shall be paid on the following pay period.
Part 7, Division I and Division II, School Act
Employment Standards Act
Last Updated: August 2016