Administrative Procedure 542
FACILITY SERVICES - SERVICES PROVIDED
The Division shall make provision for all facility construction, plant operations and maintenance of school buildings, grounds, and custodial services through the Facility Services department.
- The Director of Facility Services shall be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of preventative maintenance programs, and minor and routine maintenance of all plant operations, grounds, and buildings.
- Maintenance requests shall be submitted through Azzier by the designated administrator at each school.
- These services shall be provided and carried out by Facility Services employees, contractors, or through the use of Mutual Use Agreements, where applicable.
- The development of the Infrastructure, Maintenance, and Renewal Program shall be the responsibility of the Director of Facility Services, prepared in consultation with principals.
- The Director of Facility Services shall provide technical support, inspection and appraisal services, and advice to the Principal regarding facility operations and maintenance.
- Custodial services in the Division shall be provided on a contractual basis:
- The Director of Facility Services shall be responsible for the preparation and administration of custodial contracts and Division cleanliness standards.
- The Principal shall be responsible for monitoring day-to-day custodial services as defined in the Custodial Contract Agreement.
- Standards and procedures regarding operations and maintenance of schools are included in the Facility Services Manual.
- The Director of Facility Services shall be responsible for all facility construction projects within the Division, and ensuring LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver is attained at minimum on all builds.
Section 20, 60, 61, 113, 117 School Act
Last Updated: February 2019