Administrative Procedure 545
The Division is committed to fostering policies, practices, and educational programs that will protect and preserve the environment.
- The Division shall endeavour to purchase “environmentally friendly” products providing the highest possible level of health, safety, and performance.
- The Division shall endeavour to operate school facilities and equipment in the most energy efficient manner consistent with human needs for safety and comfort.
- The Division encourages employees to practice energy conservation measures.
- The Director of Facility Services or designate shall keep in order a monitoring system of energy utilization.
- Efficient use of energy and water shall be considerations for renovations, new construction, and operations.
- The Division encourages and supports initiatives to reduce, recycle, and reuse waste materials and responsible disposal of hazardous waste.
- The Division supports staff development initiatives designed to advance environmental awareness, environmental education, and care for the environment within each department’s annual budget allocations for training and development.
- The Division shall promote local habitat conservation and improvement on Division-owned properties, where possible.
- All new school facilities, additions to facilities and renovation projects shall meet, at minimum, our prescriptive sustainable requirements as noted above. All projects shall be certified to a minimum LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver rating.
Section 20, 60, 61, 96, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Public Health Act
Last Updated: February 2019