Administrative Procedure 548
PURCHASE/CONNECTION OF EQUIPMENT
The Division requires all equipment purchased for use in schools/departments requiring lines for gas, water, drains, or special electrical connections be approved prior to purchasing by Facility Services, regardless of the source of funding. This ensures the building or school has the adequate connection capabilities for the planned equipment purchase.
To ensure the safety of employees and students, all installation, relocation, and servicing shall be completed by qualified personnel under the supervision of Facility Services and upon the approval of the Director of Facility Services.
- Standards for approval by the Director of Facility Services or designate for planned purchase and installation of equipment shall be based on:
- the availability of electrical circuits, gas, drain, and/or water lines in the proposed location and/or the cost of providing these;
- voltage compatibility between that provided to the facility and that required by the equipment;
- the requirements of the pertinent electrical and/or mechanical codes, Occupational Health and Safety Standards, and/or CSA approvals; and
- the submission of the Equipment Purchase/Installation Modification Form (Form 548-1).
- Staff shall identify desired or required equipment needs and submit an Equipment Purchase/Installation Review Form (548-1) to the Principal/Director for approval, ensuring all pertinent data such as type, model number, voltage, quantity, size, venting requirements, etc. are included.
- All facility requests shall be submitted by the Principal/Director on Azzier.
- The Director of Facility Services or designate shall determine if the request is feasible, estimate installation costs, and determine whether work will be done by Facility Services personnel or by a contractor.
- The work order shall be returned to the school/department for final authorization by the Principal/Director. The Principal/Director shall provide a GL code to the Director of Facility Services or designate to cover the cost of labour and materials required for the installation of equipment.
- The Principal/Director shall contact the Purchasing Manager to procure and purchase the product. The Director of Facility Services or designate shall oversee installation of the equipment.
Section 20, 60, 61, 113, 116 School Act
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Last Updated: March 2019