Administrative Procedure 549
PERSONAL USE OF DIVISION FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT, AND MATERIALS
Equipment owned by the Division has been purchased with public funds, on a tax-exempt basis. As a result, the Division has a responsibility to ensure the equipment is used for the purpose for which it was intended.
Equipment and materials are to be used for educational and business-related purposes only.
is an area such as the CTS lab, theatre/drama room, cafeteria, kitchen, science room, library, or music room where specialized/expensive materials are housed and may be at risk of being damaged or stolen.
- Use of facilities, equipment, or materials by employees is not permitted unless this use directly supports the employee’s job-related functions.
- Employees wishing to use school/department equipment for the preparation of lessons, materials, etc. are permitted to take such equipment home provided:
- the equipment is properly signed out;
- the Principal/Director approves the out-of-school/department use;
- the equipment is returned promptly to ensure its availability for use during the instructional/operational day; and
- the person using the equipment is held liable for costs of repair or replacement required as a result of personal use.
- Specialty areas (CTS labs, kitchens, etc.), tools, equipment, and consumable materials shall not be used for personal benefit, enjoyment, or other purposes.
- Division facilities shall not be used for storage of items unrelated to the Division or school/department operations.
Section 20, 60, 61, 96, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Last Updated: August 2016