Administrative Procedure 551
PAY-RIDE STUDENT TRANSPORTATION
Optional transportation service may be provided on a fee-for-service basis to a resident student of the Division who resides within 2.4 km of the school the student has been directed to attend, or for students accessing programs or schools of choice.
- Any decision regarding the provision of optional, user-pay student transportation shall be made on a case-by-case basis, taking into account:
- the impact to the existing route;
- the space available on the bus; and
- the cost to the Division to provide the service.
- The fee for this service shall be established annually as part of the Division’s budget process.
- The Director of Student Transportation shall be responsible for the collection and administration of the fees collected.
Section 20, 24, 25, 45, 45.1, 51, 52, 53, 60, 61, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Traffic Safety Act
Commercial Vehicle Safety Regulation 121/2009
Student Transportation Regulation 250/98 (Amended A.R. 125/2005)
Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation 304/2002
Vehicle Equipment Regulation 122/2009
Last Updated: August 2016