Administrative Procedure 560
USE OF DIVISION-OWNED VEHICLES
Division-owned and school-owned vehicles shall only be used for the purpose of carrying out Division business or approved school activities.
- Division employees only shall be permitted to operate Division-owned after the Director of Facility Services or Director of Student Transportation, as applicable, gives written approval.
- Passengers shall be permitted to ride with Division employees only if they are conducting Division business or participating in an approved activity.
- Employees and others operating a Division vehicle must have a valid licence for that type of vehicle as specified by provincial regulations.
- Traffic laws shall be obeyed at all times and each occupant must wear a seatbelt except where otherwise expressly permitted by law (i.e., school bus).
- Goods being transported shall be properly secured. Transportation of dangerous goods must follow provincial regulations.
- Vehicles, other than school buses, shall be locked at all times whenever they are not in use. Keys shall never be left in the ignition when the vehicle is unattended.
- Facility Services vehicles shall be stored overnight in the respective maintenance compound with the following exception:
- Facility Services personnel (as determined by the Director of Facility Services) who frequently respond to emergencies, or who may, on a project basis, be expected to start their work day at a location other than their regular work site may store a Facility Services vehicle overnight in an alternate location (e.g., at home).
Section 20, 60, 61, 96, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Traffic Safety Act
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency Act
Income Tax Act (Canada)
Last Updated: August 2016