The First Nations, Métis and Inuit education team is offering two online parent information and engagement series for EIPS families.
Developing Foundational Knowledge of First Nations, Metis and Inuit cultures, histories and contemporary contexts
Developing Foundational Knowledge of First Nations, Metis and Inuit cultures, histories and contemporary contexts is a three-part series designed for all EIPS parents and families who are curious to learn about First Nations, Métis and Inuit cultures, perspectives and histories. The sessions are designed as entry points to understanding as we work toward learning our collective truth on the path of reconciliation.
Join the sessions
Session 1: February 2; 7-7:30 p.m.
- Who we are and why this work is needed
- What reconciliation looks like in EIPS
Session 2: February 23; 7-7:30 p.m.
- Addressing common roadblocks to understanding and relationship
- Terminology; bridging the gap between what language parents may be used to hearing and what children are learning in schools
Session 3: March 16; 7-7:30 p.m.
- Language of this land: The importance of highlighting Indigenous languages; deepening understanding of relationship to land through language; what exploration of Indigenous languages can look like in schools