All in-school classes, kindergarten to Grade 12, are cancelled
The Government of Alberta has declared a public health emergency to deal with the global COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, all in-school classes within the province are cancelled until further notice. The measure is aimed at minimizing contact between people and to help contain the spread of COVID-19.
What this means within EIPS:
- All classes, kindergarten to Grade 12, are cancelled until further notice.
- All before- and after-school programs and childcare programs are cancelled until further notice.
- All Continuing Education classes are cancelled until further notice.
- All after-hour rentals are cancelled until further notice.
- EIPS teachers are providing alternative instruction through Google Classrooms and telephone check-ins.
EIPS’ No. 1 priority is the health and safety of all students, staff and school communities. Throughout, EIPS will continue to keep schools and families updated as information becomes available.
If you have any health-related questions, visit the province’s website: COVID-19 coronavirus info for Albertans or take the COVID-19 self-assessment—it will indicate if you should contact Health Link 811 for further assessment.