Kindergarten establishes the foundation for learning in your child’s future years. With 475 instructional hours and a variety of supplementary services and supports, our Kindergarten programs encourage children to expand their abilities and interests, learn about sharing and co-operation, develop self-confidence, and experience continuous improvement.
A positive learning experience at an early age lays the groundwork for children to become enthusiastic lifelong learners. In a safe and caring environment, guided by qualified and caring professionals, Kindergarten children in EIPS:
- try new things, take risks, and learn to accept rules and responsibility;
- develop positive relationships with others;
- build on and develop problem-solving skills;
- enhance language/reading skills;
- develop attitudes and behaviours that promote wellness and a healthy lifestyle;
- become aware of similarities and differences between themselves and others; and
- express themselves creatively.