The Early Learning Team supports children reaching emotional, social, intellectual and physical developmental milestones and are ready for school. We focus on the identification and implementation of best practices that align with early learning pedagogy and learning environments. We support equitable opportunities for children to participate in early learning experiences including early intervention.
The Early Learning Team is primarily responsible for providing educational programming and support services for children aged two and a half to six years of age. Programming includes: Supporting Transitions and Readiness Team (START) for children aged two and a half to three years of age; Play and Learn at School (PALS) for children age three to five; and, Kindergarten.
Priority Initiatives for 2014/2015:
- Second year implementation of the Supporting Emergent Literacy in Kindergarten (SELIK) program
- Supporting Early Learning Staff Collaboration and Professional Learning
- Assessment and Documentation in Early Learning Environments
- Implementation of the START program
- Purposeful Play-Based Learning