Do you love cooking and want to share that passion with the world?
Enter EIPS’ Favourite Family Feast Contest, and you could win one of two awesome culinary arts prize packs—and better yet, be named Top Junior or Top Senior Chef for 2022! Deadline May 20.
How to enter:
- Complete the Media Consent form (parent signature required) and hand in or email to your Foods/Culinary teacher.
- Sign up through the Google form and upload your recipe.
- EIPS will provide a $10 grocery card to assist with ingredients.
- Upload a photo of you and your finished dish.
- Upload a video telling us:
1. why the recipe you made is meaningful to you;
2. what are the ingredients and how did you prepare it; and
3. what you love most about culinary arts.
Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
(Full scoring guide)
- Clearly explains what the dish is that they'll be making.
- Answers the question "Why is this meal/recipe meaningful to you?" in an engaging and creative way. For example, elaborates with a family anecdote or memory, or incorporates a photo or sentimental item that helps tell the story.
- Explains the ingredients, cooking time and any special tools, techniques or tips used.
- Demonstration of preparation process so others could follow along.
- Proper cleanliness techniques are followed during preparation.
- Presentation and plating. Prepared meal is presented in an appetizing and creative way.
- Answers the question "What they love most about culinary arts?"
Each Favourite Family Feast Prize Pack includes:
- Small wares set (sponsored by HESCO):
- vegetable peeler
- high-temp spatula
- stainless whisk
- stainless measuring cups
- stainless measuring spoons
- Chartier Sourdough starter and recipe voucher
- Chef’s apron (sponsored by Russell Hendrix)
- Superstore gift certificate for $25.00
Deadline May 20, 2022
The photos and videos will be shared on the Division’s social media channels in late-May, and the winning submissions will be announced the week of May 30. All recipes will be compiled into a virtual cookbook contestants can share with friends and family members.