The 2017 municipal election is Monday, October 16, 2017. An important component of the municipal election is the election of school trustees. This is your opportunity to get involved in public education – by casting your vote for public school trustee, or running as a candidate for public school trustee.
The Board of Trustees for Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) consists of nine members from the following wards and electoral subdivisions:
- One trustee from the western portion of the County of Minburn No. 27 Ward
- One trustee from the Lamont County No. 30 Ward
- Two trustees from Electoral Subdivision No. 1, comprised of lands within the corporate limits of the City of Fort Saskatchewan
- Five trustees from Strathcona County, which is divided into the following electoral subdivisions:
- Three trustees from Electoral Subdivision No. 2, comprised of lands within the Hamlet of Sherwood Park;
- One trustee from Electoral Subdivision No. 3, comprised of lands lying north of Secondary Highway 630, excepting those lands within the Hamlet of Sherwood Park; and
- One trustee from Electoral Subdivision No. 4, comprised of lands lying south of Secondary Highway 630, excepting those lands within the Hamlet of Sherwood Park.
The Returning Officer shall receive nominations at EIPS’ Central Administration Building in Sherwood Park between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. (noon) on nomination day.
To find out where to vote and hours of opening, please refer to your municipality for details.
Continue to check this page for election updates and complete election results.