Mark Wever, Assistant Principal
Our school community has an approximate enrollment of 500 students and 40 staff who get to know the students and families, and make an extra effort to understand and support student growth. Parent volunteers assist in all facets of school activities, from School Council to working with individual students during the day.
The Learning Common is located in the center of the school, containing a large collection of print and media resources including Smart TV for Internet research and presentations. Chrome Books also allow students to use technology and provides them with access to high speed Internet. A small computer lab is located in the Career and Technology Studies area. All grades 6 to 9 classrooms have LCD projectors, and SMART Boards are located in every classroom for student and staff use. The gym, science lab, music room, and art room also foster dynamic learning opportunities.
The level of student involvement and leadership is what makes Fultonvale School a great place to be. Many special events and activities are ongoing throughout the school year. Elementary students experience growth in a variety of physical pursuits, including swimming lessons, ski trips for grades 4 to 6 students, and the track team. Junior high sports teams include volleyball, basketball, badminton, and track and field for both boys and girls.
Feel the H.E.A.T. (Heart, Excellence, Attitude, Teamwork)
To provide a positive environment where students are able to develop to their full potential. The school promotes lifelong learning and continuous personal growth and development for all students, staff, and families.
Our school motto "Feel the H.E.A.T." summarizes our basic beliefs. We feel every student, staff member, and family are part of a school that emphasizes "heart" through caring for each other, caring for ourselves, and caring for learning. The staff at Fultonvale demonstrate friendly and caring interactions with students. We make an extra effort to understand the students in order to help them and support them in their growth. Excellence is demonstrated on many levels: personal, academic, and athletic. The attitude of a successful Fultonvale student is one that embraces a personal responsibility for learning and behaviour. Teamwork among all stakeholders is vital for successful student learning.
OUR SHARED VISION:
1. We believe that student learning is our most important focus and responsibility. We further believe teacher proficiency to be the most important factor affecting student learning.
2. We believe that all children can learn, succeed and experience success. Success for each student may be defined differently.
3. We believe that strong interpersonal relationships between the teacher and students help students grow into respectful, caring and responsible adults. We also believe that strong relationships among staff members and among students are important to the development of our students as learners and as human beings.
4. We believe that exemplary teachers use a systematic approach to excel in four primary areas of instructional expertise: (1) planning, (2) lesson design and implementation, (3) classroom management and leadership, and (4) assessing and reporting student learning.
5. We believe in the importance of making out-of-classroom contributions to the team effort of the school.
6. We believe in the importance of career-long learning.
Programs & Services
Knowledge and Employability courses (grades 8 and 9)
Daily Physical Activity (DPA)
French (grades 4 to 6, optional in grades 7 to 9)
Career and Technology Foundations (CTF) - foods and fashion, building and construction, metal and woodworking, ceramics, and digital photography
Junior High Option Courses - art, drama, music, leadership, learning strategies, media studies, outdoor education and recreation/fitness