The Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) provides the opportunity for students to earn senior high school credits toward an Alberta High School Diploma or a Certificate of High School Achievement, while simultaneously gaining Experience Hours that can be applied toward an apprenticeship while still in senior high school.
- You can earn up to 40 credits towards a high school diploma in the RAP program
- Education through an apprenticeship in the trades IS post-secondary education.
- Once registered the student receives their Blue Book to log their Experience Hours. As a RAP student you can earn a salary for the 1000 hours + you will need for your Experience Hours.
- Scholarships are available.
- Skilled trades people are in short supply. A RAP apprentice gets on the job training in a skilled trade while being paid for that work.
- RAP offers an enriched, real world applicable, high school education
- A RAP apprentice gets a realistic look at what it takes to be a journeyperson and learns employability skills that would be applicable to any job
If interested please contact your school's Off-campus Coordinator, Counsellor or Administrator for further information.