Next Step offers a wide variety of programming and course selections to assist students in meeting their educational needs. Whether you want to become a full or part-time student in one of our programs, we provide alternative choices for academic success.
Located in three community-based sites in Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, and Vegreville, Next Step provides students with:
- a safe, comfortable environment
- the flexibility of individual schedules
- the opportunity to take responsibility for their own education and to experience success
- an encouraging and respectful staff
To provide each student with the individual attention, guidance, and encouragement in order for them to successfully complete their educational goals.
- All students can learn and experience success.
- A quality education contributes to the emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development of the student.
- Learning is a lifelong process in which education plays a fundamental role.
- Our program must be innovative, flexible, and continuously improving in order to meet the challenges presented by change.
- Integrity, honesty, tolerance, and responsible behaviour must be fundamental in all that we do.
- All students deserve a safe and caring environment.
- Education is the foundation of success.
Students are involved in setting up their own programs and regular goal setting. Attendance and work completion schedules are flexible and are designed to meet individual student needs.
Next Step School Education Plan
- Sherwood Park
Room 124, 20 Festival Way
- Fort Saskatchewan
6426 55 Avenue, southwest entrance
For further information contact: