Do you love cooking and want to share that passion with the world?
Enter EIPS’ Favourite Family Feast Contest, and you could win one of two awesome culinary arts prize packs—and better yet, be named Top Junior or Senior High Chef for 2021! Deadline extended to May 9.
How to enter:
- Complete the Media Consent form (parent signature required) and hand in or email to your Foods/Culinary teacher.
- Sign up through the Google form and upload your recipe.
- EIPS will provide a $10 grocery card to assist with ingredients.
- Upload a photo of you and your finished dish.
- Upload a video telling us:
1. why the recipe you made is meaningful to you;
2. what are the ingredients and how did you prepare it; and
3. what you love most about culinary arts.
Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clearly explains what the dish is that they will be making.
- Answers the question "Why is this meal/recipe meaningful to you?" in an engaging and creative way. For example, elaborates with a family anecdote or memory, or incorporate a photo or sentimental item that helps tell the story.
- Ingredients, cooking time and any special tools, techniques or tips are explained.
- Demonstration of preparation process so others could follow along.
- Proper cleanliness techniques are followed during preparation.
- Presentation and plating. Prepared meal is presented in an appetizing and creative way.
- Answers the question "What they love most about culinary arts?"
Each Favourite Family Feast Prize Pack includes:
• Small Wares set (Sponsored by HESCO):
- Vegetable Peeler
- High temp Spatula
- Stainless Whisk
- Stainless measuring cups
- Stainless measuring spoons
• Effing Seafoods Gift Certificate for $35.00
• Get Cooking Specialty Cooking Class Gift Certificate
• Meuwly’s Spice Rubs
• Chartier Sourdough Starter and Recipe Voucher
• Workshop Eatery Pickles and Preserves
• D’Arcy Meat Shop Gift Certificate for $25.00
• Chef’s Apron (Sponsored by Russell Hendrix)
Deadline May 9, 2021
The photos and videos will be shared on the Division’s social media channels mid-May, and the winning submissions will be announced the week of May 19. All recipes will be compiled into a virtual cookbook that contestants can share with friends and family members.