Marlis Marler, Assistant Principal
Mills Haven Elementary School opened in September of 1971, and has 493 students enrolled in classes from Kindergarten to Grade 6. In addition to the regular program, Mills Haven has a German Bilingual program in which students study German during part of their class time.
Mills Haven School has two very active parent/staff groups, the German Bilingual Association (for the German Bilingual program) and the Mills Haven School Council.
A Great Place to Be
Mills Haven Elementary School, through the collaboration of staff, parents, guardians, and students, provides a safe and positive learning environment for diverse students as they grow academically, emotionally, and socially.
Educational excellence is pursued at Mills Haven through:
- Providing a safe, caring and secure learning environment where each individual is treated with respect and dignity.
- Encouraging students to reach their full potential and ability - academically, socially, physically, creatively and emotionally, by meeting their needs through a balanced program.
- Providing children with coping skills to prepare them for everyday life experiences.
- Fostering in students the confidence and skills required to approach lifelong learning.
- Cultivating community involvement and student global awareness.
Programs & Services
German Bilingual Program