Justin Mazur, Assistant Principal
The community at Win Ferguson School believe all students come to school to learn, work, and play in an atmosphere of trust and respect. Our commitment is to provide students with the knowledge, help, and guidance they need to become active participants in today's society.
Win Ferguson School takes pride in the strength of its academic program, as well as the numerous activities that round out the school's learning environment. Some of these include: vocal choirs, handbell choirs, intramurals, athletics, Rocket Club, field trips, residency programs, fine arts opportunities, Environmental Protection Agency Club, student leadership activities, and an emphasis on healthy living.
Our team of staff, parents, students, and community members work diligently to provide the basis for a positive and supportive educational climate. Together we celebrate individual accomplishments and growth and gratefully acknowledge our many community volunteers who enhance our school programs.
We, at Win Ferguson, will continue to strive toward our goal of excellence by emphasizing the following:
- High expectations of student academic achievement in all subject areas.
- An excellent school climate, including a strong emphasis on character education and healthy lifestyles.
- Parental involvement in all aspects of school life.
- A continued commitment to students by dedicated staff, so that each student is provided with a successful and hopeful educational experience in a safe, happy, and enriched learning environment.
"The School that SHINES"
(Shows respect - Honest - Is kind - Nice - Empathy - Self control)
Win Ferguson School will be a respectful, inclusive community of learners who always strive to do their best.
We are a community of learners, students, teachers, parents, and community members, whose goal is to work and play together to foster a safe, friendly, and caring educational environment.
OUR CHARACTER EDUCATION SLOGANS
“STAR Behaviour – Stop, Think, Act Right”
“We all WIN when we STOP bullying”
- We believe every child can achieve.
- We believe children need to be actively involved to nurture a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- We believe in the importance of teaching life skills such as goal setting, problem solving, decision making and independence.
- We believe in developing a culture of respect and responsibility.
- We believe in embracing diversity and promoting the acceptance of self and others.
- We believe every child and staff member can contribute to a positive and energetic school climate.
- We believe our school is a safe place to grow, learn, and play.
Programs & Services
Levelled Literacy Intervention - LLI
We are a Leader in Me School.