- What is the returning student registration process?
The returning student registration process allows the Division to verify school and program of attendance for every student prior to the start of the new school year. If your child currently attends school within EIPS and is returning next year, you'll be requested to confirm your child’s enrolment in a school and program for the upcoming school year using the online Returning Student Registration Form available in February, annually. At that time, families indicate the school and program their child plans to attend and can apply to attend a non-designated school or program, if applicable.
- When will the returning student registration process take place?
The returning student registration process for 2024-25 will take place Feb. 8-21, 2024. On Feb. 8, 2024 between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m., current families will receive an email via Permission Click with a link to complete the Returning Student Registration Form.
- Who will receive the Permission Click form link?
One contact for each current PALS to Grade 11 student will receive the Returning Student Registration Form link via Permission Click. The recipient is based on which contact has been identified as the one to receive forms as listed on the most recent registration form, Correction and Verification Form or Student Information Update submitted to the Division. To review the contacts listed for each student, refer to the Student Information Update available through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Only one contact can be selected to receive forms.
- What if I don't receive the Permission Click email?
If you don't receive the returning student registration form email from Permission Click, follow these steps:
1) Ensure the correct parent or guardian is the one looking for the email. Only one contact for each students will receive the form, as outlined above.
2) Ensure you're checking in the correct email inbox—if you use multiple accounts.
3) Check in all "other" and "junk" folders in your account in case the email was filtered to one of them instead of your main inbox—including any email filtering you've set up on your end.
4) Review the settings within your account to see if incoming messages are being filtered or blocked in any way. Each email provider is a bit different. Resources for common providers are below:
Microsoft Support for Outlook accounts, such as @hotmail and @live
Google Support for Gmail accounts
5) Contact your child's school, and staff can check additional settings on the Permission Click end.
- What information is EIPS collecting through the returning student registration process?
Families are asked to indicate the school and program their child is attending for the upcoming school year; can request their child attend a non-designated school or program, if applicable; and will indicate busing requirements for the coming year.
- Do I need to log in to complete the form?
No log in is required to complete the Returning Student Registration Form via Permission Click.
- What if my child is not returning to an EIPS school next year?
You will still need to complete the Returning Student Registration Form unless your child is currently in Grade 12. For all PALS to Grade 11 students, a Returning Student Registration Form is required even if your child is not returning to an EIPS school next year—to assist the Division in planning accordingly. Simply select “This student is leaving Elk Island Public Schools” from the drop-down menu.
- Do returning Grade 12 students (R-12) go through the returning student registration process?
No, R-12 students will not participate in the returning student registration process as the timing of R-12 registrations doesn’t align with the returning student registration time frame. If your child is currently in Grade 12 and expects to re-register for the upcoming school year, they can apply to do so in person at their desired high school—acceptance is based on available space. Alternatively, they can also contact Next Step in Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan or Vegreville in mid-April to discuss programming opportunities.
- What if my child is new to EIPS?
Students who are new to the Division are required to register using the online New Student Registration Form (for the applicable school year). New student registration opens on February 1, annually.
New student registration (grades 1-12)
- Can I complete the form on my mobile device?
Yes, any Permission Click form can easily be completed on your mobile device.
- How will I know my child is registered for the upcoming school year?
After submitting the Returning Student Registration Form, users will receive a copy of their form submission sent from Permission Click back to the email address provided on the form.
If families have applied to attend a non-designated school or program, the school will contact them to advise of the outcome in late February. Acceptance is based on available space. When space isn’t available, families can choose to either request a second-choice non-designated school or have their child attend the designated school.
- Can I change my response after I submit the form?
Families cannot edit form responses once they're submitted. If anything changes after you submit the form, contact your child's current school as soon as possible to provide an update. Once the returning student registration deadline has passed, all submissions received are final.
- Brightspace Parent & Guardian
- Parent Resources
- Back to School
- New to Our Division?
- Out-of-School Care
- Committee of School Councils (COSC)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Notifications to Parents (Education Act, Section 58.1)
- Brightspace for Students
- PowerSchool Student Portal
- Educational Technology and Social Media
- Read In Week
- Your Future: Post-secondary and Career Fair
- Young Authors' Conference (YAC)
- Partners 4 Science
- Programs & Services
- Supports for Students
- Early Learning
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
- Alternative Programs
- Academic Programs
- Christian Programs
- French Immersion
- Outreach Programs
- Specialized System Programs
- Career Pathways
- Sport for Life Program
- Junior High Honours Program
- About Us
- After-Hours Rentals
- Communication Services
- Function Representative Request
- Facility Services
- Financial Information
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP)
- Human Resources
- Board Policies
- Administrative Procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Planning and Results
- Guide to Ride 2023-24
- Bus Line Ups
- Bus Passes
- Bus Status
- Code of Conduct
- Contact Us
- Elwood's Corner
- FAQs & Facts
- Fees & Payments
- Kindergarten Busing
- Little Elk Island Adventure
- Transfer Site Information
- Driver Training School
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit Education
- Land and People Acknowledgment
- tawâw, miyoonakishkatoohk, welcome
- Truth and Reconciliation
- The Blanket Exercise
- Project of Heart
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation | Orange Shirt Day
- National Indigenous Peoples Day
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit Resources
- Family Gatherings
- Central Land-based Learning Space
- Contact Us