- What is the returning student registration process?
The returning student registration process allows the Division to verify school of attendance for every child prior to the start of the new school year. If your child currently attends school within EIPS and is returning next year, you will be requested to confirm your child’s enrolment in a school for the upcoming school year using the online Returning Student Registration Form available Feb. 1-28, 2019. At that time, families indicate the school their child plans to attend and can apply to attend a non-designated school, if applicable.
- When will the returning student registration process take place?
The returning student registration process for the 2019-20 school year takes place Feb. 1-28, 2019. On Feb. 1, 2019 at 9 a.m., all current families received an email with a link to complete the Returning Student Registration Form available through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- What information is EIPS collecting through the returning student registration process?
Families are asked to indicate the school their child is attending for the upcoming school year; can request their child attend a non-designated school, if applicable; and indicate busing that may be required for the coming year.
- I can’t remember my login for the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
If you aren’t able to retrieve your login credentials using the “Having trouble signing in?” link on the Sign In page, contact your school for assistance.
- What if I don’t have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account?
Refer to the email you received from EIPS on Jan. 21, 2019. The email includes information about the returning student registration process and instructions about how to set up a PowerSchool account. The instructions are also available online. If you still need assistance, contact your school.
- What if my child is not returning to an EIPS school next year?
The Returning Student Registration Form is not required for any current Grade 12 students. For all other students, you will still need to complete a Returning Student Registration Form even if they are not returning to an EIPS school next year. Simply answer “No” to the first question and select “***This student will not attend an EIPS school next year***” from the second drop-down menu that appears.
- Do returning Grade 12 students (R-12) go through the returning student registration process?
No, R-12 students will not participate in the returning student registration process as the timing of R-12 registrations doesn’t align with the returning student registration time frame. If your child is currently in Grade 12 and expects to re-register for the 2019-20 school year, they can apply to do so in person at their desired high school—acceptance is based on available space. Alternatively, they can also contact Next Step Senior High in Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan or Vegreville in mid-April to discuss programming opportunities.
- What if my child is new to EIPS?
Students who are new to the Division are required to register using the online New Student Registration Form (for the applicable school year).
New student registration (grades 1-12)
- Can I complete the form on the PowerSchool app?
No. The Returning Student Registration Form is not available from the PowerSchool app.
- Can I complete the form on my mobile device?
Yes, but the form is not accessible from the mobile version of the Parent Portal. If, after you log in on your mobile device, you are directed to the mobile site, select ‘Exit to Main PS site’ from the bottom of the menu to be directed to the desktop version of the Parent Portal. Alternatively, you can complete the form directly from your desktop computer.
- How will I know my child is registered for the upcoming school year?
After submitting the Returning Student Registration Form, users will be redirected to a new page in the PowerSchool Parent Portal confirming their information has been submitted for that child. At any point in February, parents can come back to this page in the Parent Portal to review the information that was submitted.
If families have applied to attend a non-designated school, the school will contact them to advise of the outcome the week of March 11-15, 2019. Acceptance is based on available space. When space isn’t available, families can choose to either request a second non-designated school or to have their child attend the designated school.
- Find My Designated School
- Attendance Boundaries
- New Schools & Modernizations
- Andrew School Consultation
- Parent Resources
- Back to School
- New to Our Division?
- Out-of-School Care
- Committee of School Councils (COSC)
- Emergency Preparedness
- School Act, Section 50.1
- Educational Technology and Social Media
- Read In Week
- Your Future: Post-secondary and Career Fair
- Young Authors' Conference (YAC)
- Invention Convention
- Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP)
- Future Fair
- Programs & Services
- Supports for Students
- Pre-Kindergarten (PALS)
- Language/Immersion Programs
- Christian Programs
- Academic Programs
- Outreach Programs
- Continuing Education
- Healthy Schools
- Career Education and Related Special Events
- About Us
- Communication Services
- After-Hours Rentals
- Function Representative Request
- Facility Services
- Financial Information
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP)
- Human Resources
- Partners in Education Foundation
- Board Policies
- Administrative Procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Planning and Results
- Bus Line Ups
- Bus Passes
- Bus Status
- Code of Conduct
- Contact Us
- Driver Information
- Elwood's Corner
- FAQs & Facts
- Fees & Payments
- Kindergarten Busing
- Little Elk Island Adventure
- My Stop
- Stay Connected
- Transfer Site Information
- The Strathcona County School Traffic Safety Partnership
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit Education
- Contact Us