STEP 1: CREATE AN ACCOUNT
Follow the link to the registration page.
Click on “Create Account.” It’s important to create only one account per household so the system can access your information correctly—this is different than any existing PowerSchool Parent Portal accounts you may have. If you have multiple children, you will use this new account to register them but complete individual registration forms for each child.
Once an account is created, start a new form by selecting “New Student Registration 2018-2019” from the dashboard.
Enter your child’s name and birth date to add them as a student and start the registration process. NOTE: “online recommendations” refers to the data entered in the registration form.
TIP: You can leave and come back to a form anytime by selecting “Continue a Form in Progress” from the main dashboard.
STEP 2: REGISTER YOUR CHILD
It’s helpful to gather all supporting documents prior to beginning the registration process. Documents must be uploaded electronically. Once the form is submitted, any additional documentation must be provided to the school directly by email or in person. Visit the school’s website for email and school address information.
NOTE: Davidson Creek Elementary families can email documents to general.DCE@eips.ca or can bring documents to Christa Gawron at EIPS Central Office. For questions specific to Davidson Creek Elementary, call Christa at 780-417-8280.
• birth certificate—if unavailable, use the student’s passport
• verification of residency—such as a utility bill with address, property-tax statement or rental agreement
• student’s immigration papers or visa and study permits, if applicable
Legal documentation is required for the following:
• Parent Custody Agreement, if there are restrictions on access
• Guardianship Letter, if parents live in Alberta
NOTE: If parents live outside of Alberta legal guardianship must be applied for through
the Alberta government.
Alternatively, take a photo with your smartphone or tablet. Then, either upload it directly to the form or save it on your computer and upload it from there.
Don't have a computer? All EIPS schools have a computer available for families to use for registration purposes. The registration form is mobile friendly, meaning you can also use your smartphone or tablet to register.
EIPS has established school boundaries throughout the Division and all students, including kindergarten students, are assigned a designated school based on where they live. EIPS encourages families to register their child at their designated school.
• Find your designated school using the Versatrans e-Link tool.
Requesting to attend a non-designated school? (formerly boundary exemption request process)
- Kindergarten students may request to attend a non-designated school by indicating their preference on the New Student Registration Form.
- Students new to the Division enrolling in grades 1-12 can request to attend non-designated school by indicating their preference on the New Student Registration Form—acceptance is based on available space and decided during the pre-enrolment process.
- Returning EIPS students in grades 1-12 can request to attend a non-designated school by indicating their preference through the pre-enrolment process, which takes place from March 1-15, 2018. Acceptance is based on available space.
NOTE: All requests to attend a non-designated school or out-of-boundary program for returning students in grades 1-12 must be completed during the two-week pre-enrolment process to be considered for the next school year. The only exception: Students who move into the Division from outside the geographic area, or another community within the Division, after the deadline. All families who apply to attend a non-designated school will be contacted and advised of the outcome in April.
The form also allows families to indicate if their child requires transportation services.
Busing is not guaranteed. The information is reviewed by Student Transportation and if more detail is required the department will contact you directly, by phone or email.
STEP 3: SUBMIT THE FORM
Once the registration form is complete and submitted, a confirmation notice is sent to the given email address. The school will then review your submission and followup, by phone or email, if further information or documentation is required. Once your registration is approved, you will receive an email confirming your child’s enrolment.
NOTE: The registration isn’t complete until all required documents are uploaded. If you have difficulties uploading or need time to gather the required documents, complete as much of the form as you can and then contact the school regarding next steps.
For technical assistance visit the PowerSchool Community web page or call 1-866-752-6850 Mondays through Fridays between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. For all other inquiries, contact your school during regular school hours.