Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) charges a variety of fees to provide quality programs and services for students.
On an annual basis, the Board of Trustees approves the following administrative fees:
- Learning Resource Fees which assist EIPS to provide a range of learning opportunities to enrich student experiences and go beyond providing only the basics
- Facility Services fees for the rental of school facilities for education, recreation, and wellness activities
- Student Transportation fees for busing provided to students ineligible for Alberta Education transportation funding
EIPS uses a fee management system, ACORN, to streamline the school fee and transportation fee payment processes for parents and school administrators. ACORN is accessible through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Important dates for families in 2016-2017:
- School fee information will be posted on the PowerSchool Parent Portal within the first three weeks of September.
Please note: Additional fees may be added throughout the year (for example, field trip and athletic team fees), so please check the PowerSchool Parent Portal on a regular basis as your child takes part in various activities.
- As soon as fees are posted they can be paid online using the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- For the most part, course changes in junior and senior high school will be completed prior to invoices going out to ensure the fee information is correct.
- School fees are due within 30 days of being assessed.